Independent CONTRACTOR for
Cultural Tourism Development Specialist
Scope of work for this contract will include the following:
Conduct 2 days of in-person community and stakeholder meetings for an assessment to define expectations of Chickaloon Native Village Ahtna cultural tourism, by April 15, 2016:
– Meet formally and/or informally with Elders, Tribal Council and community members and groups to evaluate tourism opportunities, limitations, and expectations
– Evaluate potential partnerships with existing tourism infrastructure
– Evaluate content, cultural protocols, and context for the purpose of providing cultural tourism experiences
– Evaluate site opportunities
– Conduct follow-up telephone interviews if select, in-person meetings are not an option.
Prepare a written document explaining results of the Chickaloon Native Village Ahtna cultural tourism assessment, by April 29, 2016, including specifically:
– Executive summary
– List of participants interviewed/ surveyed
– Details on opportunities, limitations, and participant expectations
– Details of suggested and recommended presentation content
– Interpretive and cultural content recommendations
– Tourism delivery recommendations including potential partnerships identified, site operations and logistics evaluations
– Recommendations for short and long-term cultural tourism development
– Employee (Cultural Guide) training recommendations
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for this contract, please present a letter or e-mail to Donita Slawson at [email protected] by Noon on Monday, February 29th. Include Cultural Tourism Development Specialist in the subject line. The bid should contain your contract rate, a description of your experience doing this type of work, a description of your experience working with Native Peoples, Tribes, cultural tourism projects and any professional references. If you have any questions please call Donita or Jessica at 907-745-0737.
Hiring Preference: Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act. Preference may be given to local applicants according to the Tribe’s Local Hiring Policy 005.01.008. Successful bidder shall comply with the Tribe’s drug free workplace requirements and equal employment opportunities with Native and local preference.
ANA SEDS Narrative and Project Objectives
Tourism Facilitator RFP