PO Box 1105~Chickaloon~Alaska~99674
Request for Proposals
Chickaloon Village Traditional Council’s
Architectural Services for Ya Ne Dah Ah Multi-Use/Daycare Expansion
Ya Ne Dah Ah Scaenggay Dats’ehwdeldiixde Project
- Date of Issue: September 14, 2017
- Deadline to submit questions: October 1, 2017
- Deadline to submit proposals: October 13, 2017
- Award to successful bidder: October 19, 2017
The Chickaloon Village Traditional Council (CVTC) is requesting proposals from qualified architectural companies interested in bidding on this RFP. Qualified, interested parties must submit a completed proposal, along with a signed cover letter, electronically by 12:00 PM, Alaska Time, October 13, 2017 to email@example.com with the subject: CVTC – Architectural Services Ya Ne Dah Ah Multi-Use/Daycare Expansion
About Chickaloon Traditional Village Council
Chickaloon Native Village, Nay’dini’aa Na’, our name in Ahtna, meaning “the river with the two logs across it”, is a vibrant, innovative, and culturally rich Ahtna Athabascan Tribe with offices located in the community of Sutton along the Glenn Highway, a National Scenic Byway. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains, glaciers, and lush boreal forests our Tribe has occupied this area for thousands of years. However, threats to our culture, language, and traditional way of life have been unwavering for the past hundred years. Chickaloon Native Village has been very affected by outside development.
Today, the Chickaloon Native Village is a federally recognized Tribe governed by the Chickaloon Village Traditional Council (CVTC), which operates seven departments: Transportation, Environmental Stewardship, Education, Health, Justice, Housing and Facilities, and Administration and Accounting. More information can be found at www.chickaloon.org.
CVTC Vision: A Tribal Government that stands sovereign with all nations, utilizes our land responsibly, has a sufficient resource base, and prepares our future generations to fulfill our core purpose and long-term goals.
CVTC Mission: Perpetuate our ancestors’ beliefs, customs, traditions and values and steward our environment to help our citizens thrive.
CVTC Values: Care and Love for Each Other
Results or Benefits Expected:
The selected architectural design firm will produce a functional design within the scope of the project budget, which will incorporate CVTC Tribally prioritized aesthetics and meeting the multi-functionality requirements outlined below and clarified through two facilitated planning meetings.
Nay’dini’aa Na’ Kayax/Chickaloon Native Village has been granted funding to design an addition to our existing 2,400 sq. ft. school facility. This expansion will include remodeling the existing kitchen and adding approximately 1,500 – 2,000 sq. ft. The expansion space will function primarily as a daycare facility and wellness exercise area with a vaulted ceiling and flex flooring. The expansion will also include a restroom, laundry room, and storage room, as well as expand our existing kitchen to include a teaching kitchen island. A new heating system will also be part of the design project.
See attached a rough sketch of the existing facility and proposed addition (subject to your design modifications).
- 10/19/17 – thru Construction Completion
- Estimated Construction Start Date: June 1, 2018
Required Expertise and Skills:
- Experienced in design-built commercial projects required.
- Licensed and insured a must.
- 3 References for recently completed commercial projects required.
Preferred Expertise and Skills:
- Previous experience working on a school or daycare project is a plus.
- Previous experience incorporating alternative energy solutions in your projects is also a plus.
- The selected architectural design firm will host a meeting in November, 2017, with invited staff and CVTC Council members to gather information prior to completion of a functional design that meets budget limitations, identified aesthetics, and multi-functionality requirements.
- The concept design will be completed by the end of December 2017 and submitted to CVTC Council for final revisions.
- The final concept design will be completed by January 31st with construction pricing estimates.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act. Preference may be given to local applicants according to the Tribe’s Local Hiring Policy 005.01.008. Successful bidder shall comply with the Tribe’s drug free workplace requirements and equal employment opportunities with Native and local preference.
Click on each link for additional information.